My dear Goth friend, “Sandrine”, aka “Sandy”, aka “Angel”, aka “swee’pea” tagged me recently. Now, I’m not good at these things coz they normally want you to come up with “x” numbers of facts about yourself that you’ve never told before and, well, crap on a crutch, my 15 faithful readers know just about everything there is to know about me except maybe my brand of toothpaste. So I usually cringe whenever I get tagged. However, this time around Sandy Guarded by an Angel has specific questions and I found them interesting and fun – so I’m gonna play along but swee’pea please don’t make me tag any other bloggers – I’ve tagged enough lately that they’re getting a bit peeved at me. I’ll just open it up to ANYONE who wants to join in on the fun, okay?
Here goes with the questions Sandrine sent:
- If you could have any superpower, what would you have and why? Telepathy — I want to be like Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood and be able to read peoples’ minds. It would be quite illuminating to hear what actually goes on in some heads I know…plus it would give me free license to slap the snot outta someone at any given moment. Not only that…I could walk by and calmly remark, “Bite me” and never move my lips – ventriloquism without the creepy wooden doll – snort.
- Who is your style icon? um, er, hmmm, once upon a time it was Princess Diana. After not working for 3 years and never reading fashion mags anymore I no longer have a style icon – I no longer have any style in fact. If anyone needed a style make-over (hello Clinton? hello Stacy??) it would be me. I have lived in tee shirts, sweats, and now shorts and flip flops for the last 3 years – I owned one dress (which after losing 40 pounds became way too big for me) and I was mortified on my latest shopping trip because I realized I have NO SENSE OF STYLE whatsoever. I thought women still wore pantyhose. Gah…I need professional help. I’d kill to have the style fashion sense of someone like Jennifer Anniston, or Sandra Bullock but I probably come closer to Whoopie Goldberg. Yikes… (except for the hair).
- What is your favorite quote? I actually have many, but some of my favorites are a) “So long and thanks for all the fish” from Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy… and b) one that is on my blog sidebar from an author named Patricia Briggs: ” Some people are like Slinkies. They aren’t really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs,” and of course c) “Live Long and Prosper” from the illustrious Mr. Spock.
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever received? Someone told me just this past weekend… “You always make me smile.” What a wonderful compliment!!
- What playlist/CD is in your CD player/iPod right now? My mp3 includes Sheryl Crow, Eric Clapton, Mannheim Steamroller, Enya, Jackson Browne, Sting, Paul Simon, Dean Martin, Nora Jones, Casting Crowns, Bon Jovi, Rolling Stones, the Who, & soundtracks from The Big Chill, True Blood, and the Twilight movies – quite an eclectic mix. The last CD I played in the car was The Best of Neil Young coz it has one of my favorites, ‘Harvest Moon’ on it.
- Are you a night owl or a morning person? Neither really – sometimes I suffer w/insomnia and I’m up most of the night. Other times I wake up about 6:30 or 7 a.m. raring to go. Sometimes I’m not ready to start my day until midmorning and sometimes I’m better in the afternoons. I’m an enigma. You never know when I’ll be at my best. Keeps Devoted Spouse on his toes.
- Do you prefer dogs or cats? Well, it all depends on what the side dish is and if there is gravy involved. No….. I’m just kidding!! Ya’ll know I love my Golden Destroyer, EmmaLou so I guess I’m a dog person even though I’ve had cats in the past. I just don’t like the cat litter thing. I’d actually like to get a ferret one day…
- What is the meaning behind your blog name? Which blog? I have 3 of them. Okay – Crone and Bear It came about because I read somewhere where an older wiser woman was once referred to as a Crone – and then I played that off the phrase “Grin and Bear It” and my main blog became Crone and Bear It. duh. Then there’s Oh Crap on a Crutch. That came about because it’s a phrase I use constantly for some bizarre reason and I have absolutely no clue how that started — plus when I hurt my hip I had a set of crutches and I thought….let’s tell the world all about the crap in my life and set up the pictures w/a shot of a crutch. Voila. The last blog is the quasi-serious side of me – Parchment Monkey — I took Parchment because the blog is about writing and I love the feel of parchment paper. The Monkey part is an inside joke between Buffy the Mane Slayer (my hairdresser) and me.
OKAY – I did it. Now – any of my readers who wish to play along – ya’ll have at it – but I’m not assigning this to anyone, Sandrine, and I hope you understand I’ve hit up my friends too much lately and they may start throwing things at me. LOL – Thanks swee’pea for tagging me and letting me have a little fun and also be just a tad serious with these very interesting questions. Love you girl!…sigh…