Imagine my surprise and delight when I was checking my blog Sunday and noticed a new comment from a blogger I did not know – and not only had she left me a nice comment (she liked me; she really liked me) – she also gave me an award (see above).
Wow – it’s been ages and ages since I received an award – I was beginning to think: a) nobody feels my blog worthy, b) nobody really reads my crap anyway, c) my 12 faithful readers have already given me awards and are sick of me, or d) nobody is doing awards anymore. Then out of the blue this very nice blogger Jennifer from Live Out Loud sends me this – plus she noted in her own blog that she thought I was funny. Of course, the other 14 bloggers she singled out for this award she went on and on about for paragraphs singing the praises of their blogs – while I got 3 whole words… “very funny blog” – 3 words. Sheesh. Not even a full sentence…3 words. sigh… I’m not really complaining. It’s an honor just to be nominated. Snort. ROFL
Actually it IS an honor to get this award and I AM grateful – I’m just kidding around here. This award comes with rules (don’t they all?) So here they are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award: THANK YOU SO MUCH JENNIFER !!!! (see? you got TWO links baby!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself. Ewwww whine, whine, don’t you people already know enough about me and my ridiculous life? Oh, (sighs heavily) alright, lemme see if I can come up with 7 NEW things….thinking….thinking….
- I hate avocados and guacamole so much that if it was the last food on earth I would happily starve. I may have mentioned this like a thousand or so times before, but then again, maybe I forgot to tell you.
- I really like zombie movies but they have to be ‘stupid’ zombie movies, not just gorey gross stuff. The more stupid, the better. Oh wait…all zombie movies are stupid, aren’t they? Nevermind – I’m leaving this one in anyway.
- I was at a funeral once and I was dressed all in black – even down to my half slip. Well, the half slip was very old and it was a little too big and the elastic around the waist was not very good and….and….and, okay, when I stood up from the pew with the rest of the congregation to sing a hymn….my slip didn’t come with me. So I did what any other normal woman would do….I slightly stepped over the slip on the floor and slid it under the pew and never looked back.
- My stepmother threw out my little stuffed teddy bear with the ear that my dad accidentally painted blue while painting my room….and I never forgave her for that. I still miss Teddy and much of my adult life has been tragically twisted due to his sudden demise.
- I lean toward verbosity (look it up if you must) You can stop laughing now. Really. Shut up. Slap!
- I clip coupons for groceries and other stuff faithfully every week. Then I forget to take them with me to the store and they expire.
- I would love to be a character actress but my lips tremble when I get nervous (like when you HAVE to smile for the camera?) – so I’d have to be considered for the parts where my mouth quivers and shakes – maybe the old lady in the home w/the drool. I could do that part great. I can pout like nobody’s business, too – lip tremble again.
OK – that’s done – now the rest of this award says I have to, in turn, award FIFTEEN new bloggers I’ve discovered who I think are fantastic. Holey Crapoli – Crap on a Crutch, girlfriend I don’t think I have 15 new ones – so I’m gonna do SIX and if you take my crown back, I’ll understand. (no I won’t…touch that award and you’ll be pullin’ back a bloody stump baby) bwahahahaha.
A. Whiskey and Cheese Please – I dunno – Keith is not the kinda guy you give blogging awards to – but he was the first one I thought of because his blog fits the “Versatile” part. Okay, maybe not so much – but he’s worth your time – and I like him so he gets the award and if he thinks it’s girly, I don’t care. And, no, Keith, you don’t have to play along. snort.
B. warm coco – This IS a relatively new blog but it’s from someone I have known for awhile now under other pseudonyms, none of which I shall reveal here – but I will say her dog has a Twitter account and is in contact w/my dog @GoldenDestroyer to the point they both get Flicked. Her blog is from the heart, sometimes funny, sometimes serious, sometimes poignant but always enjoyable – go visit her. She is my “sistah-in-my-head.”
C. Words of Wisdom – aka WOW – That’s right – this is THE place to go to find blogs. Pam and Sandy set up this site as a way to showcase what they term Bloggers of Note and, yes, I was one of the bloggers given that amazing distinction – this is a great place to meet new people – go, go now. Sandy and Pam rock
D. Does This Look Good On Me? – This is a fabulous fashionista blog done by my friend and jewelry designer Sueanne. If you don’t want to walk around looking homeless or if you have that nasty habit of wearing all black clothing – go right this minute to Sueanne’s blog and she will show you how to dress and how to accessorize and you will look fabulous – like the ever-lovely Sueanne, and of course, me now that I’ve taken her advice!
D. Kelly’s Kvetch of the Day – Okay I admit, Kelly isn’t “new” to me – we’ve been blogging buddies for awhile – I can’t live without her take on life so I encourage you to go check her out and get a giggle along with me. Kelly has to be my long lost sibling, I’m convinced of it…
E. And for my final award winner… I choose Guarded By An Angel – this is a lovely blog written by a true angel – someone I have been fortunate to become acquainted with and have pretty much adopted as my little sister (even though I’m probably closer to being old enough to be her mother – ugh) – her blog is filled with wonderful snippets of her life across the pond and you will enjoy every word she writes! I certainly do – plus I’m honored to have her as a friend!
Don’t forget – Send a note to all the bloggers you pick for the award so they know to come pick it up!
That’s it – Thanks Jennifer for this lovely award – I truly am humbled to think you think I’m funny. You’re a sweetie kiddo! I’m sorry I couldn’t come up with 15 people – crap, we’d be here all danged day. lol
Ya’ll are under NO OBLIGATION to accept the award or to play along – just so you know I had to add that disclaimer.
Now, admit it… you enjoyed my 7 new things I shared, didn’t ya?….sigh…
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION POSTSCRIPT: Wouldn’t ya just know it? After I make a big deal outta getting only 3 words of praise Jenn goes back and REWORDS her blog to sing my praises – Now I look like an absolute toad – gah – but she did pick one of my better posts and for that I am eternally grateful – coz I thought it was funny and entirely too many people didn’t see the hysterical fall on the floor pee your pants humor in it. Hanging head and leaving now….sigh….