I don’t usually do two blog posts in one day but I’m taking the weekend off so here’s another posting just for you!!
I was tagged snagged kindly invited by my buddy Smart Mouth Broad for a game of 8 tag. I just love this gal and what the heck this sounded like it had potential. So here we go:
8 things I’m looking forward to: (in no particular order)
1. Finishing my Master’s Degree – only 8 more classes (hey, these are dang hard and have numerous textbooks and DVDs per class and at least two 20 page research papers per class plus a book review and ALL in an 8-week semester) and at the rate of about 1 class per semester I may graduate in the next twenty years or so…then if I’m still alive and kicking I’d like to teach.
2. Getting my new oven and having it installed. We’ve been without an oven since January and I’m ready to do some burning baking now.
3. Total healing of my shoulder and back – I know it will take a few more months but I just want to get out in the world and live again! And that includes going back to work part time if possible.
4. My financial manager making me some money to replace the devastating losses of our retirement funds. He better get his little a$$ in gear soon.
5. Losing 20 lbs. (I borrowed this from Smart Mouth Broad only she said 40). I’d like to lose 40, but for now I’ll settle for dropping 20. I lost 10 during my injury healing but that’s a heckuva way to lose weight!
6. Trading in my Kia Sportage on a new Subaru Forrester. It’s time. Devoted Spouse finally finished paying off his adored pet Miata so it’s my turn.
7. The release of the next movie in the Twilight series (I know – what a girlie wuss I am but I love anything to do with vampires except the writing of Laurel K. Hamilton who I think is pornographic but we won’t go into that now).
8. Being able to sell my house (and not at a loss) and move south where it is warm and has no ice on which one could possibly fall and dislocate a shoulder ever again.
8 things I did yesterday:
1. Prayed and read my bible.
2. Twittered my morning away and won SmartA$$ (our trivia game) thank you very much.
3. Finished off the robin’s eggs (chocolate) from both Easter baskets (went right to hips).
4. Made a Target run and bought a small box of Timbits on the way home (see # 3 above – I’ll never lose weight at this rate.)
5. Told Devoted Spouse how much he means to me and what a great husband he is.
6. Tripped over EmmaLou the Golden Destroyer and fell on my hurt shoulder. Stupid woman. Stupid dog. Ouch.
7. Watched Survivor.
8. Wrote my blog.
8 things I wish I could do:
1. Find a group of women to hang out with – I need some girl friends but most I know still work.
2. Be the recipient of an incredibly large inheritance (how shallow is that!) Okay, I’d give some away.
3. Sing like that lady from the British Idol – holey moley – folks in church hate being close to me when I sing!
4. Write a truly funny and cool mystery novel with a neat heroine and have it published and become famous.
5. Learn to speak/understand/write Hebrew and Greek (sure would help w/that Master’s degree work).
6. Teach EmmaLou to talk. Hey, I taught her how to wink – so anything is possible.
7. Be truly comfortable in my skin and be much more self confident. I’m actually a “forced” extrovert.
8. Figure out what God wants me to do with my life before I die.
8 shows I watch:
3. The Mentalist
4. The Big Bang Theory
5. How I Met Your Mother
6. Any History/Discovery/Nat Geo program on religion
8 people I tag:
Obviously by my witty tremendously yawning answers, you can see I’m not good at these things – but at least here are some more fascinating truly jump-over-a-cliff-boring pieces of information you now know about me.
Post your own answers to the questions in each category, including 8 people you want to tag. Have fun!