I just returned from physical torture and am feeling a bit out of sorts. My brain cells aren’t at total capacity either; I actually fell asleep during my anodyne (infrared light) treatment and took a 20-minute nap.
Because I have nothing to discuss at the moment I’ll simply give you a little list — how about Friday’s Five Favorites; five of my favorite anything.
1. The movie, Moonstruck. I loved the pairing of Cher and Nicholas Cage — what a great couple. I also enjoyed the Italianness of the film, from the overdone gestures to the Dean Martin music and la bella luna. I love this movie.
2. The Foundation Trilogy series by Isaac Asimov — what an amazing mind that man possessed. I read everything he wrote. He made me love the idea of robots and this must be where I got my twisted fascination for the robot in The Day the Earth Stood Still (Gort, Klaatu Barada Nicto) and my love of the silly robot on Lost in Space (Danger Will Robinson, Danger!). While I watched I, Robot, it did not do Asimov justice.
3. Black licorice. I don’t care if it’s in strips or twisted or sitting under a candy shell in Good ‘n Plentys — I simply love black licorice.
4. The smell of sheets that have dried on the line outside. That fresh, clean aroma needs to be bottled and sold as a fragrance — I would wear it every day.
5. Sitting on the beach inhaling that lovely intoxicating salt air while letting the rhythmic crashing of waves regulate my breathing. Total bliss and relaxation. I want to live at the beach.
That’s it. Five of my favorites. Want to share? Tell me 5 of yours.