1. Traffic, traffic, traffic — I had made a memory dump on how nuts the drivers are in this area. They drive too fast, don’t know what a turn signal is for, and ride your bumper if you’re going slower than 80 miles an hour. Yikes!
2. Isn’t the language in this country English??? The Wendy’s workers’ first language was obviously Spanish — I couldn’t understand them!! Between Spanish and Korean, I definitely felt uncomfortable.
3. It’s hotter than the hubs of hell – okay it’s only about 8 degrees warmer than in the Midwest, but that’s still hotter than at my house.
4. Did I mention the traffic?
5. MS 13 gang – Gangs are in the Midwest, but not as bad and not as deadly as these horrid people.
6. Humidity! It’s always stickier on the coast.
7. They think Marion Barry should still be mayor. Honestly, the intelligence level of the Marion Barry supporters simply scares me.
8. Ouch – the price of gas is at least 50 cents higher here
9. It is always crowded no matter where you go, no matter what the time of day or night – we had to eat dinner at 5pm just in order to get into the restaurant!
10. People seem less stressed in the Midwest, or maybe we just move at a little slower speed.
Tomorrow at the crack of dawn I leave for home. I miss Devoted Spouse and I miss EmmaLou the Golden Destroyer. It’s always fun to come back to where I used to call home here in northern Virginia, visit friends and see my old stompin’ grounds. But I have found the old adage to be true; you can’t go home again.