My friend Merri gave me a lovely award:
It’s an award CREDIT card, which is a Blogging Friends Forever and the expiration date is o4/3V3R (Forever, get it?) What a lovely surprise this is – it comes with a meme. I’m not very good at memes but I’ll give this a try. I have to come up with 10 things I love starting with the letter C. Here goes:
1. Canines — particularly EmmaLou the Golden Destroyer. She is the light of my life regardless of the amount of damage she causes on a regular basis. Take the dog from the movie Marley and Me, and multiply his nonsense by about 40% and you have EmmaLou, Destructo Dog Divine.
2. Crabs — not the contagious buggers, the lovely blue crabs that come from the Chesapeake Bay — fried up as crabcakes with barely a hint of filler and lots of Old Bay Seasoning or boiled and cracked over an old wood table covered in newspaper. I was crackin’ crabs before I could barely walk. Yum-squared. Unfortunately you can’t get good crab meat in Ohio and if you think the crud you buy at Red Lobster is good, you’ve never tasted the real thing.
3. Cats — don’t tell EmmaLou, but I love the kitties, too. I’ve had two cats in my life and I miss both of them terribly. I wish I could teach EmmaLou how to purr. One of these days the family will include another cat — but not yet.
4. Cookbooks – I collect them and have all the Southern Living cookbooks back to 1983 (the year I got married). I rarely use them – but I read them voraciously. For Christmas this year Devoted Spouse gave me a Williams-Sonoma cookbook and I’ve already devoured it page by page. Love cookbooks!
5. Comedies — the sillier the better. I love slapstick and anything that’s stupid is guaranteed to make me laugh. Yesterday Devoted Spouse and I watched Hitch with Will Smith and even though I’ve seen it before, I was falling on the floor laughing. I truly love old John Candy films, Chevy Chase, the Marx Brothers, Abbott and Costello flicks, Mel Brooks, Monty Python, Chris Farley, Gilbert Gottfried…you get the idea; I’m one of the few people I know who loves Dumb and Dumber.
6. China – not the country; the dishes. I’m slowing down on my avid china collecting — I used to have at least 10 sets of dishes – for all occasions and some just for the heck of it because I liked the pattern. It’s an expensive habit I picked up while we lived in Europe and one I’m slowly giving up. But you can still find me at the china department of Macy’s perusing the stock. I refuse to give up my wedding china nor will I get rid of the English ironstone Christmas china. And give up my vintage Canton ware? No. But I won’t be adding any new patterns any time soon, I promise.
7. Cosmetics — I’m such a girl. I love to walk the make-up aisles at Target and look at the newest colors in eye shadow or lipstick. I buy more than I should and I have the baskets full of pencils and powders in the bathroom closet to prove it. Nothing is more fun to me than spending a morning at Sephora trying on all the goodies!
8. Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream — One of my downfalls and something I try not to indulge in very often as sugar is not our friend you know! But, oh is it ever good! When I absolutely must eat my way to happiness, this is what I choose.
9. Crafts — I think I suffer from some type of arrested development in arts and crafts stemming from a childhood devoid of art projects. The stepmonster got me started on cross-stitch and I still enjoy that craft. I love to paint and only wish I had some talent and the time to pursue it seriously. I can’t sew worth a dang but I enjoy trying. I made the living room curtains — hey, how badly can you screw up sheers? Okay, so the seams aren’t the most even — who’s looking anyway? I have thousands of rubber stamps for my card-making ventures and my cupboards in my crap craft room are chocked full of various yarns and needles for knitting. I can’t knit. But that’s another story for another posting.
10. Cottage Cheese — I eat the stuff for breakfast and mix it with jelly or jam. It’s a sickness of mine. I’m totally addicted to cottage cheese.
Okay – I did it — 10 things beginning with the letter C that I love. Whew! No more memes for awhile please – this takes too much brain power!