My lovely friend Mrsupole has tagged me with a Queen of Awesome award. Look at this nice award – there’s even a tiara included:
What a peach she is – go visit her; she has wonderful stories and I love her dearly. But she’s making me work for this award and you all know how I hate to WORK at anything – so I’m going to try and have a little fun with this.
The rules for me to be a Queen are:
1. Write a list of 7 things that make you awesome. (oh gag) For the record, I looked up awesome and it doesn’t necessarily mean “wonderful”; in fact it can also mean: alarming, astonishing, awe-inspiring, beautiful, awful, breathtaking, dreadful, exalted, fearful, formidable, frightening, imposing, mind-blowing, overwhelming, shocking, striking, stunning, terrible, terrifying, or wondrous – did I mention stupefying? So there are many definitions to the word “awesome”.
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that I love. (hmmm, who haven’t I tagged lately?)
3. Tag those bloggers to let them know that they have joined the Royal Queen’s land and link back to the Queen Bee who tagged you. (I think I can handle this part okay.)
Here goes nothin’…
7 Things That Make Me Awesome – ahem…drumroll please…
1. I am the biggest clutz in the world and I’m as consistent as Cream of Wheat with this. I have a true talent for running into every piece of furniture I own and tripping over the dog while never spilling the cup of coffee I’m carrying. Now that’s awesome.
2. I can take a grilled cheese sandwich, burn the ever-lovin’ crap outta it and just call it Cajun Blackened Panini and my guests will eat it and rave about it. That is truly awesome.
3. I can touch my nose with my tongue. Looks stupid, but I don’t care – it’s not something everyone can do and that makes me awesome. I rarely do it in public anymore; invites too much weird attention.
4. I was at Woodstock (well, part of it; you see I had to hitch hike from VA to NY at night with a friend and we were underage and stupid and damned lucky we lived through it). I got there and crashed the gates with thousands of others who didn’t have tickets. It was awesome and my being a part of it qualifies me as awesome. Don’t ask me for details – while it’s awesome, it’s no longer a topic of discussion. Hippie days and pot smoking are over.
5. The last “typing” test I took I clocked in at 140 words a minute. I actually enjoy banging the everlovin’ crap outta my keyboard and my fingers can truly fly. Awesome baby. My favorite “sentence” to build up speed was: “Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.” I would type it over and over and over until I was just flying across the keyboard and my adrenaline was pumping and I actually thought this was fun. I have no life.
6. Here’s a somewhat sappy awesome – I’ve been married to Devoted Spouse for just over 26 years now and I would marry him again in a heartbeat – 26 years is awesome! (oh yeah, so is he!!!)
7. Here’s my last “toot my own horn” awesome fact: On just about any day I can make someone laugh outloud or at least smile widely. I wasn’t known as the class clown for nothing. My somewhat offbeat, sometimes self- deprecating and occasionally off the wall sense of humor classifies me as awesome. I will do stupid things just to get a laugh because it makes me feel good and I think when you make someone happy and it makes you happy that’s awesome!
That’s my list and I’m sticking to it. Now here is who I also nominate for Queenship:
Twenty Four at Heart – she has a gorgeous Golden Retriever just like my precious Goldie – go visit her she deserves to be Queen of Awesome any day in my book.
Oz Girl – what an adorable lil cowgirl and what a cool new site she has – git on over to see her! She’s definitely Queen of Awesome material.
Midwest Mom – this gal tells great stories and I think she is perfect as a Queen of Awesome
Doggonedmysteries - now here’s a “celebrity” – a real-life mystery writer and a super lady – a Queen of Awesome without a doubt or maybe without a “who-done-it?” (sorry)
Gladys Tells All - this lady offers up great stories and is always entertaining and I’m sure the fact I’m not on her blogroll is a simple oversight on her part – but she definitely qualifies as Queen of Awesome – go read her blog and you’ll agree with me.
Inside the Shell – this is Tut-Tut as she’s known to us Twitterites – and she’s special. Her blog is always interesting and I think she’d make a super Queen of Awesome!
And last but not least is a sweet lil gal from Texas known as Confetti Dreams - I love her and her twin (but I believe I’ve tagged her twin before) – she’s doing a Christmas in July giveaway and that’s good enough for me to make her a Queen of Awesome coz as far as I’m concerned giveaways are alot of hard work.
So Mrsupole, there are my 7 nominations and I’ll have you know all these bloggers are being tagged by me for the first time – whew that’s hard work coming up with 7 new folks – but well worth it – go check them out; they are all deserving of this award. And my dear friend Mrsupole, well, sweetie you know I love the stuffin’ outta you and I am honored you considered me for this lovely award and I thank you.